 |
| this arm must have been outside of the blanket |
Canada was officially survived by all. Some of us went up last Thursday, the rest joined us early Friday morning. I tried telling them that the mosquitoes were horrible, and I think the next night they believed me. I woke up to find Jeanne and Howie sleeping in the car, Jon and Mike sleeping on the front porch and Eric munched up.
By Day 3 Jeanne and I had the mosquito problem under control.
We lit coils and wore sticky patches and there was not 1 single mosquito in the cabin that night. The boys seem to think it was because they sprayed foam in the cracks, but we know it was our efforts. :)
The boys caught a ton of fish and we ate fish for dinner every night. (well except the random McDonalds trip that I heard about later). Jeanne and I took a long walk in Fort Frances and chatted most of the weekend away.
 |
| ready to go fishin! |
Jeanne and I made it back a day before the boys because we both had to work. That night some raging storms went through Duluth, MN and most of the highways were closed due to flooding and washed out roads. The boys ended up having to take a 4 hour detour around Duluth through the Cities to get home. After 12 long hours they made it!
 |
the view out the front window of the cabin
|
 |
| the boys had to take their boats through this cave to get to another lake |
No comments:
Post a Comment